Routine

There are certain times in our day or in our lives that can be routine. We can get seem to be stuck in the same old thing, doing the mundane of life.

We have our daily "to-do lists." Our morning stop for coffee on the way to work, reaching for our iPhone to check Facebook as soon as we wake up.(Guilty as charged)Taking a moment to thank God for that breath, coffee or phone.  Little or big things that we do, subconsciously or not, that define our days.

Now I sit here writing this in my office, realizing as I drink my coffee and check my usually websites before doing the task of visitations. The mundane can take a big chunk out of our day. For me, this blog is an intentional break from the mundane. Its a break from my routine, and a chance for me to work out my thoughts with whom ever actually reads it. Anyone? Buehler....Buehler?

And thats the thing about this serious yet joyous time of Lent. This seriously joyous time of Lent. Its a time to intentionally break from our routine. To break from our mundanity and to focus ourselves inwardly and on the cross.  So take a moment in your day and ask: Is this thing mundane and why? And how can I use the mundane to learn about myself and God.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-4 (NIV; my emphasis added)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread of Life. A reflection on John 6:35-40

Paternity Leave

Don't cancel me Bro!